Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Sridevi cremated, hubby issues emotional statement

Actress Sridevi was cremated with full state honours in Mumbai on Wednesday in the presence of her family, film fraternity and thousands of fans.



Sridevi's filmmaker husband Boney Kapoor performed the last rites at the ceremony. The couple's daughters, Jahnvi and Khushi, were by his side, said sources close to the family.



Sridevi's untimely death at the age of 54 in Dubai on Saturday had stunned the nation.



The 54-year-old actor was clad in a red Kanjeevaram sari and wrapped in the Tricolour as she started her final journey from Celebration Sports Club in Lokhandwala to the Vile Parle Seva Samaj Crematorium and Hindu Cemetery, with husband Boney Kapoor, brother-in-law Anil Kapoor, step-son Arjun Kapoor and the rest of the family by her side.



Meanwhile, her family said in a statement: "The past few days have been trying times for us as a family. Today, particularly, has been one of the hardest. We laid to rest a beautiful soul who has gone too soon. She leaves behind a legacy that is unique. Her talent was undeniable, her beauty unmatched and her ability to connect with the audience was legendary."



Boney Kapoor said, "Losing a friend, wife and mother of two young daughters is a loss inexplicable in words. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to my family, friends, colleagues and well-wishers and all of you countless fans of my Sridevi who have stood by us like rocks. I am blessed to have the support and love of Arjun and Anshula, who have been such pillars of strength for myself, Khushi and Janhvi. Together, as a family we have tried to face this unbearable loss.



To the world she was their Chandni... the actor par excellence... their Sridevi... but to me she was my love, my friend, mother to our girls... my partner. To our daughters, she was their everything... their life. She was the axis around which our family ran."

No comments:

Post a Comment