Monday, February 19, 2018

Kamal off to Madurai to float party

Kamal Haasan is set to leave for Madurai today to float his party in Rameswaram on February 21 and to address a public meeting in Madurai on the same day evening.



Meanwhile on Monday, he called actor and DMDK president Vijayakanth at the latter's office in the city. Speaking to reporters after the brief meeting, Kamal said, "I came here to seek the wishes of Vijayakanth for my political journey since he is my senior in politics."



When actor Kamal Hassan unveils the flag for his proposed political party in Madurai on February 21, the focus will be turned to the temple city, which is the cultural capital of Tamil Nadu since Sangam period.



Kamal Haasan on Sunday called on DMK patriarch M. Karunanidhi and friend, co-star and aspiring politician Rajinikanth at their residences ahead of the launch of his political party.



"I have been meeting people who I like before I start my journey. In the last 40 years, it is a custom in both of our families that if there is some event in my house, we will invite Rajini’s family and vice versa," he said.



After the brief meeting with Karunanidhi, Haasan said he called on the former CM to get his blessings and inform him about his political journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment