Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Kamal starts Makkal Needhi Maiam, reveals policies

Kamal Haasan on Wednesday launched his political party, 'Makkal Needhi Maiam', and unveiled its flag that symbolises the strength of unity.



Speaking at a public meeting in Madurai, he said, "I am not your leader, I am your tool.. this gathering is full of leaders."



Elaborating on his party's ideology, he said the party could not be bracketed as left or right but would draw the best from all ideologies."I'm Centre," he said, adding that this is why the party's name also included the word, centre,



"This is not a one-day thing. This is a long-term goal... I am here to stay," the popular star said, adding, "I think the award for all this patience is all the allies and friends I have. One among them is Kejriwal."



He was joined by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, AAP leader Somnath Bharti and farmer's leader PR Pandian. His day started early and he first stopped at former President late APJ Abdul Kalam's residence.



"I was in your heart all this while. Now I want to be in all your homes. You had looked at me as a star all along. Now I request you to look at me as a lamp. Light me in all your homes," he said.



"If we reduce corruption, all of us will get power in our homes. I will not give Rs 6,000 for a vote. Because I don't have the money. But even if I did, I won't give," he said.



Bharatiya Janata Party's Tamil Nadu unit leader Tamilisai Soundararajan told reporters that Kamal appeared to have "started a political party to compete against someone".

No comments:

Post a Comment