Wednesday, December 6, 2017

RK Nagar rejection: Vishal seeks PM, Prez help; meets CEO

Actor Vishal on Wednesday met Tamil Nadu chief electoral officer Rajesh Lakhoni and urged him to reconsider rejection of his nomination papers for the December 21 by-poll to the Radhakrishnan Nagar.



The actor-producer also sought to raise the matter with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Ramnath Kovind.



"To the people, I look upto, Hon @narendramodi & Hon @rashtrapatibhvn I am Vishal,I hope u r aware of wats happening in the RK Nagar Election process in Chennai," he said.



He added: "My nomination was accepted & later rejected. Totally unfair. I bring this to your notice & I hope justice prevails."



Speaking to reporters, he said, "there is no one backing me, TTV Dhinakaran, Kamal or anyone else. People have to decide if I have to start a party or not."



He added: "It is wrong to say that I have come to get the votes of Telugu people. I have come forward as an Indian."



Officials have said that the film actor's nomination papers only had "valid" signatures of eight proposers, not the 10 needed. Two people listed by Vishal in his form as proposers had complained that their signatures had been forged, they alleged.



"f two people made a complaint that signatures were forged then they should have addressed that in front of the candidate... they should asked me... accepting one side of the argument is not right," Vishal said

No comments:

Post a Comment