Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Governor apologises to woman reporter, but journalist not ready to accept explanation

Facing severe criticism for for patting the cheek of a woman journalist, Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit today tendered an apology to her.




In his letter to the journalist Lakshmi Subramanian, he said, "I have received your e-mail dated 18.04.2018. You had asked a question when we had got up and were proceeding to leave after the close of the Press Conference.




I considered that question to be a good one. Therefore, as an act of appreciation for the question that you had posed, I gave a pat on your cheek considering you to be like my granddaughter.




It was done with affection and to express my appreciation for your performance as a journalist, since I was also a member of that profession for about


40 years.




I do understand from your mail that you are feeling hurt


about the incident. I wish to express my regret and my apologies to assuage your sentiments that have been hurt. I suppose you will respond through a mail of acknowledgement."

No comments:

Post a Comment