Friday, February 24, 2017

Deepak claims ownership to Jaya's properties, plans to move court

A fresh rebellion seems to be brewing in the Tamil Nadu politics, only days after Chief Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy won a trust vote in the state Assembly.

According to reports, Deepak Jayakumar, Jayalalithaa’s nephew, has staked claim to her Poes Garden residence in Chennai, where Sasikala stayed before her sentencing in the Disproportionate Assets (DA) case. He said he would also go to court.

Deepak claimed that the former Chief Minister had bequeathed her properties, including her Veda Nilayam bungalow in Poes Garden here, to his sister Deepa Jayakumar and him, by leaving behind a will.

Deepak said Sasikala assuming the top post was “unacceptable” to the people of Tamil Nadu. He also asserted that party members did not favour TTV Dinakaran’s appointment as Deputy General Secretary of AIADMK.

“They are trying to bring family rule.. probably they both forced Sasikala to hand over the party to them,” he alleged.

In an interview, Deepak said, “I will pay the Rs 100 crore fine for my aunt Jayalalithaa. I don’t have money, so I will sell properties. I can’t say which property I am going to sell. But Poes garden belongs to me and Deepa."

No comments:

Post a Comment