Monday, January 15, 2018

Kamal to start political journey on Jan 26

Kamal Haasan confirmed at the Vikatan Awards function in Chennai on Saturday night that he will be commencing his political tour on January 26.



Kamal Haasan plans to meet people during his tour to encourage people of Tamil Nadu to expose corrupt officials in the state.



“From January 26, I will begin my journey to meet the people. I will reveal the tour plan, including the place from where my journey will begin, in my weekly column in Ananda Vikatan,” the actor said.



“There was this minor criticism that I have not come to the field. Even you (Ilaiyaraja) had that criticism. It was you (Ilaiyaraja) who had said get into the field. I am going to get into the field with the permission of the one who advised me. My journey to meet with the people would commence this 26th," Kamal Haasan said at the function.



As Rajinikanth announced his decision to contest the state assembly polls in 2021 by floating his political outfit, Kamal might take a lead by launching his outfit before the superstar.



The 63-year-old actor is a contributor to the popular Tamil weekly magazine Ananda Vikatan. In his last column, he had tacitly expressed his interest to work with superstar Rajinikanth, who, too, desires to start a political revolution in Tamil Nadu and announced his entrance into the political arena on the last day of the last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment