Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Amala Paul alleges sexual harassment, bizman arrested

Amala Paul has alleged that a man sexually harassed her at the workplace. Reporting the incident to the T Nagar police station in Chennai, Amala Paul alleged that a man had made sexual advances at her while she was at rehearsals for an upcoming show which will take place in Malaysia.



The Mambalam police arrested the 40-year-old man after Amala Paul preferred complaint of sexual harassment against him, on Wednesday.



Amala Paul visited the Mambalam police station and registered a complaint. She said she was taking part in a dance rehearsal in a studio in T. Nagar for an event to be held in Malaysia to promote women’s empowerment.



While she was practising, there stranger approached her and made an inappropriate remark. “I was shocked and humiliated. I am an independent working woman. It looked as if he was acting on behalf of someone at the place. I felt extremely unsafe,” she told police.



The businessman identified as Alagesan from Kottivakkam on the outskirts of Chennai was arrested by West Mambalam police based on complaint by the actress.



“I was shocked at his behaviour and I felt humiliated. He spoke to me in a lewd manner and passed remarks about me. I thought it was imperative on my part to complain to the police since I am an independent working woman,” Amala Paul told reporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment