Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Vishal warns Cheran

Vishal has hit back at director Cheran, who had asked him to resign from the post of the President of Tamil Nadu Film Producer's Council, following his decision to contest in RK Nagar by-poll.



In a statement, Vishal said that though he had immense respect for the director, of late his demands seemed absurd and that he was resorting to cheap publicity stunts.



"There is no law that stated that an office-bearer in unions cannot contest in elections and I wanted to become the voice of the public," he said.



He added that Cheran's statement belittles the previous office bearers of TFPC and also the government. Vishal also warned Cheran and said that he will have to face severe action.



"I respect Director Cheran a lot. But I can’t be silent where there are false accusations levelled at me. There is no legislation or rule that prevents me from contesting the election," he said.



"The decision was made after conversations with legal consultants. If Cheran doesn’t stop seeking unnecessary attention, I will handle the situation legally," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment