Friday, November 10, 2017

Kamal meets Mamata, says he's big fan of WB CM

Actor Kamal Haasan, who has plans for a political plunge, on Friday lauded West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for her enthusiasm to celebrate cinema through the Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF).




Kamal, who was in Kolkata for the film festival, met the Trinamool Congress chief and called himself a fan of the West Bengal chief minister.




The statement of the politician-to-be is being seen as an attempt to get close with the Trinamool Congress leader, who is a bitter critic of the BJP.




Speaking to media persons, Haasan said, “I love this city…I love the film festival and I am fan of your CM (Chief Minister).”




When asked whether there be any political engagements with Banerjee, he said, “I am came here as a guest (Film Festival). Last time I promised her to attend this year festival…so I am here. It’s honour to be here in Kolkata.”




"This film festival is not just an annual ritual ... it is a celebration of what we love as part of life. Most of us on stage ... even if we were not working in the industry, we would be cinema buffs," Kamal said.

No comments:

Post a Comment