Friday, October 6, 2017

Purohit promises to preserve and protect Constitution

Banwaharilal Purohit was, on Friday, sworn in as the Governor of Tamil Nadu where the opposition and the rebel AIADMK faction are seeking an immediate floor test in the Assembly.



At the swearing-in ceremony held at Raj Bhavan here, Chief Justice of Madras High Court, Justice Indira Banerjee administered the oath of office to Purohit. Purohit took oath in the name of God.



Chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami, union minister Pon Radhakrishnan, DMK working president M K Stalin, BJP state unit president Tamilisai Soundararajan and others were present.



Speaking to the media, the new governor said, "All my decisions will be based on Constitution. I have decided to preserve and protect Constitution.



There will be no political consideration in all decisions I am going to take whether big or small. Governor office is above politics.



All decisions will be based on merit. I am going to support the government as far developmental activities are concerned. I have good friends in Delhi.



Will ensure more funds are provided to Tamilnadu. I will see that there is total transparency in the administration. My best wishes to all brothers and sisters of Tamil Nadu."

No comments:

Post a Comment