Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Enquiry on Vishal not related to Mersal: I-T dept

Income Tax department has said the visit by its officials to Vishal's office had nothing to do with his film Mersal and it was a routine procedure to check for any TDS violations.



It said exercise to check tax violations had been on since the beginning of the current fiscal throughout Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.



Vishal, who was raided by Income Tax officials a day after his comments against BJP leader H Raja over the film Mersal, is in no mood to back down saying he is ready to face the consequences for criticising the government.



"If I have to face the consequence for speaking up against someone in the government, bring it on,” the actor-producer said.



The actor was not at his office in Chennai when the I-T team arrived. He said later, "I am honest and tax compliant. I shall face it. I'm yet to get complete details."



He also said, "Even if it is vendetta I shall face it". Asked whether he thinks there is a link between the income tax visit and his taking on a leader of the BJP, which rules at the Centre, Vishal said, "I don't think so. Did I threaten him?"

No comments:

Post a Comment