Tuesday, October 24, 2017

IV Sasi dies, southern film industry bereaved

Veteran Malayalam and Tamil director I V Sasi, best known for his films Avalude Ravukal and Devasuram died in Chennai on Tuesday. He was 69.



In a career that spanned over four decades, he directed blockbuster movies like Ee Nadu, Itha IvideVare, Angadi, Vartha, Devasuram, Avanazhi and Avalude Ravukal.



Sasi played a key role in turning actors like Mammootty, Mohanlal, Jayan, Sukumaran, Soman, Vincent and Seema into stars.



He went on to marry Seema, who starred in several of his memorable films. He died due to ill health.



He is survived by wife, daughter and a son. The cremation will take place at the Porur electric crematorium on Wednesday.



Expressing condolence, Kamal Haasan said, "My friend for 45 years I.V.Sasi is no more. The industry & I mourn a great technician. My support & love to my sister Seema Sasi &family." Sasi directed Kamal starrer Guru and Superstar Rajinikanth starrer Kaali.



Radikaa Sarathkumar tweeted: "Sad to hear abt the passing away of film maker I.V.Sasi, hav worked with this dynamic director.Sympathies 2his wife Actress Seema &kids."

No comments:

Post a Comment