Friday, March 9, 2018

Each and every day is women's day: Kamal

Kamal Haasan on Wednesday night conducted a public meeting in Chennai, to mark the International Women's Day.



Earlier in the day, speaking at a college function, he extended Women's Day greetings and said, "I do not think that it is just this day. We have to celebrate it for 365 days. (Women) you just have to stand by me. We all should join hands to bring together a change."



He further said: "I was accepted as an actor but I will die doing service. I am proud and moved everytime I say this."



"Just like how science, technology, sports and arts have an impact on our lives, politics has the ability to change your lives," Kamal said, while speaking at cultural festival ‘Instincts 2018’ at SSN College of Engineering outside Chennai.



"The students of my generation failed in that regard, which is the reason for the current state of politics in the State," he said.



He told students that he was repeating a question posed by the former president, the late A P J Abdul Kalam. The actor-turned-politician said the question is "how many of you are going to be with political awareness."

No comments:

Post a Comment