Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Vishal expresses regret over his comments on Producers Council

In the Madras high court on Wednesday, Nadigar Sangam general secretary Vishal expressed regret over the comments he made on the Tamil Film Producers Council.

"I am advised to state that on 02.01.2017 when the said case was taken up for hearing, and after the completion of arguments by all the Counsels, this Hon’ble Court chose to adjourn the case to 03.01.2017 in view of the statement made by the Senior Counsel appearing for the 2nd Defendant, that even now if the Plaintiff conveys his regrets for making such remarks, the entire issue could be settled. Pursuant to the same, this Hon’ble Court has directed my counsel to obtain necessary instructions and report back to this Court accordingly. Hence, as advised by my counsel I am filing the present affidavit before this Hon’ble Court," he said.

“The entire controversy arose out of my interview which was published in a Tamil weekly Magazine “Ananda Vikadan” in the issue dated August 17 regarding the functioning of the 2nd Defendant Association," he said.

"I state that I had only expressed my personal views, may be in a slightly strong manner but without any ulterior motive or intention to hurt anyone or create any controversy," he added.

"In fact, in the same interview, I had clarified that I have nothing personal against any of the elected office bearers but still some of the individuals feel that I have made a personal attack."

"I state that in order to avoid further confrontation and in the interest of maintaining better relationship between various interlinked associations in the Industry, I have filed the present affidavit. As stated earlier, I submit I am a hardworking, honest, responsible and law abiding citizen with great respect for the Law, Courts and Rules and Regulations governing various bodies.

I state that I convey my regrets to all concerned, if any of my statements in the above referred interview may have hurt anyone, because that was not my intention, and I undertake to abide by the rules and regulations governing the 2nd Defendant Association, as always.

I request that my temporary suspension may berevoked and that my normal membership may berestored. It is humbly prayed that this Hon’ble Court may be pleased to record the above statement and pass suitable orders.”

No comments:

Post a Comment