Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Deepa Jayakumar postpones political plans

Announcing her decision to enter politics, late Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa's niece J Deepa on Tuesday said she wasn't sure whether she will join the AIADMK or float her own party.

"I can't see anyone in the place of Jayalalithaa. It was after talking to AIADMK cadre that I decided to enter politics," Deepa said at a press conference at her home in T Nagar.

"I am starting a new journey in my life today, I plan to embark on my political journey at an appropriate time," said Deepa Jayakumar, addressing her first press conference on a day the ruling AIADMK marks the birth centenary of its founder and Jayalalithaa's mentor, MG Ramachandran or MGR. She did not rule out contesting from her aunt's RK Nagar constituency.

Deepa, 42, had hinted at a conspiracy surrounding Jayalalithaa’s death in December, days after she was barred from entering Apollo hospital where the former chief minister was admitted.

Deepa said that the landmark announcement will made on February 24th, which happens to be her aunt Jayalalithaa's birthday. "AIADMK cadres are already welcoming me,” says the Jaya's lookalike

Earlier, she said she would start her political journey on January 17 (today), it may be recalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment