Monday, January 30, 2017

No secret talks with AIADMK: Deepa

Deepa Jayakumar, the niece of late Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, has denied reports in a section of the media that she was holding secret parleys with some senior members of the AIADMK possibly to bag a role for herself in the party.

Addressing supporters at her residence at T Nagar in the city, Deepa said, "I sincerely thank everyone who has been continuously supporting me. I request you to put an end to rumours. I will not leave those who come to me."

She said that her route would be that of Jayalalithaa and 'Makkalal Naan, Makkalukkaga Naan' (I am by the people, for the people) would be her slogan. "No matter how many hurdles come my way, I will smash them all with your support. Keep on posting your opinion to me (on her political entry)," she said.

Meanwhile, more senior AIADMK functionaries would soon join Jayalalithaa Deepa Peravai, an outfit floated recently in support of former Chief Minister Jayalalithaa’s niece Deepa, claimed former Rishivandiyam AIADMK MLA Dharmalingam.

"I am still the same Deepa. I turned course when I saw people outside my house standing for hours. I don’t know what I can do for them in return," she said.

Recently, Deepa laid claim to her political legacy saying she plans to contest elections and "follow in her footsteps", but saved a bigger announcement for the February 24 birth anniversary of the former Chief Minister, who died last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment