Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Dhanush, Sivakarthikeyan support Jallikattu

More and more Tamil film celebrities are voicing their support for Jallikattu, the traditional bull taming sport of Tamil Nadu which has been banned.

“Embracing the bull (ஏறுதழுவுதல்) is a part of my tradition and culture. Among millions of Tamilians, I also want to rescue the sport”, Sivakarthikeyan posted on Twitter.

On his part, Dhanush said, "Embracing the bull (ஏறுதழுவுதல்) is a part of my tradition and culture. Among millions of Tamilians, I also want to rescue the sport”.

Strongly supporting jallikattu currently banned in Tamil Nadu, Kamal Haasan on Monday said he is a big fan and all those who hate the bull sport should give up on biryani too.

"If you want a ban on jallikattu, let's also ban biryani," Kamal said at the India Today South Conclave in Chennai. "I'm a big fan of jallikattu," he said.

"I'm probably one of few actors who've played jallikattu. Am a proud Tamilian, this is our culture," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment