Monday, December 19, 2016

Sasikala sends thanks letters to Prez, PM, Rahul

V K Sasikala today sent thanks letters to President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi for coming down to Chennai and expressing condolence during the death of former CM J Jayalalithaa.

She said in her letter to the President, "It was extremely kind of you Sir, to have visited Chennai and paid your condolences to me personally, on the occasion of the demise of our much revered Puratchi Thalaivi Amma, the late Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and the General Secretary of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK).

I was given to understand that Your Excellency's journey to Chennai was a little arduous because of some flight problem; but you were undeterred. Your visit has brought great consolation to me at a personal level and to the millions of Tamil Masses and the people in the rest of the Country. My sincere thanks once again for your visit which overwhelms me in this hour of personal grief."

She told Modi: "Sir, your visit to Chennai, consequent to the demise of our dear departed Puratchi Thalaivi Amma, the late Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and the General Secretary of AII India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK) and personally expressing your condolences to me was a noble gesture.

Your visit brought great consolation to me, in my moment of personal sorrow and to the millions of masses of Tamil Nadu. It was extremely kind of you to have come down to Chennai for sharing with me a few moments on the tragic occasion.

Many thanks for your visit and expression of sympathy to the people of Tamil Nadu and to me personally, in our moment of inexplicable grief and sorrow."

In her letter to Rahul, she said, "It was extremely kind of you Rahulji to have visited Chennai to pay your last respects to our dear departed Puratchi Thalaivi Amma, the late Honourable Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu and the General Secretary of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIADMK). Your words of sympathy to me, in my hour of personal grief overwhelmed me in everyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment